CRISPY KOREAN BBQ TOFU
Crispy Korean BBQ Tofu is incredible, delicious, and incredibly simple to prepare. The dish's spicy sweetness is really dang!! People will find it difficult to prepare, but it is extremely simple to prepare at home and is also available in Korean restaurants.
If you visit a Korean restaurant, one of the recommended dishes is Korean BBQ Tofu. The Gochujang mixture sauce and crispy Tofu are delicious. If you can't find Tofu, you can substitute Paneer for it and give it a Desi Indian Tadka.
Whatever you use will have a fantastic taste with the amazing sauce mix.
Here's how to make Crispy Korean BBQ Tofu.
- 1 Block(15oz.) Extra firm tofu
- 1/2 Cup Tomato sauce, canned
- 1/4 Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 2 Tablespoons Agave syrup
- 2 Teaspoons Gochujang paste
- 1 Small Apple, finely grated
- 2 Cloves Garlic, finely grated
- 1 inch piece Fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame seeds
- 1/2 Cup Corn starch
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Oil for frying
- Scallions for serving
- Rice for serving
- Start by pressing your tofu.
- When you're ready to eat, start by making the Korean BBQ sauce. Whisk together the tomato sauce, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, agave, and Gochujang in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth. Place aside.
- Then, take your pressed block of tofu, cut into cubes, or thinner rectangular slices like I did. Whatever you prefer. Add the tofu to a large mixing bowl, then sprinkle with the cornstarch and salt. Toss to coat all of the tofu.
- Heat a small amount of oil in the bottom of a nonstick pan on medium high. Place the tofu in the pan.
- Brown the tofu on all sides, lowering the heat as necessary. To get the tofu nice and crispy, cook it for a few minutes on each side. Remove the tofu from the pan and place it in a bowl.
- Korean barbecue sauce Return all of the tofu to the pan after heating on low for a minute.
- Toss to coat the tofu, and cook for a minute. Then remove from heat. Serve immediately with rice and Sesame seeds.
Author : Saurabh Thapa