Ever wondered how to travel South Korea ALONE and HOW ? Travelling alone has never been easier especially to another country yet the excitement that fills us over the difficulties we face is enough for us to have a fun-filled experience. South Korea has forever been a spot for tourists because of its extravagant culture and historical places. Before travelling to any country know ‘ WHY ‘ you are traveling. As a tourist or a student ? Are you a Korean music enthusiast or loves the language ?
So when we talk about traveling to a country like South Korea nothing but the beautiful culture and beautiful places pops up in our mind from everything to explore from modern cafes to historical monuments.
But now the biggest question that arises is, how to travel alone to South Korea, what are the requirements and procedure for it?
So without wasting time let’s jump to different requirements and procedures.
- The first step is obtaining a passport which is necessary to travel to a foreign nation. For obtaining a passport in India you can submit an online application for a new / re-issue of a passport.
You can visit www.passportindia.gov.in to apply for a passport, all the steps for online form submission is mentioned on the site itself but if you already have a passport then you can directly skip to the next step.
- Next is obtaining a travel visa for a legal and comfortable stay in South Korea. All the travelers are required to obtain a C-3 Korean visa from the Embassy. Indian passport holders usually need a visa to visit the Korean land. And the process is quite simple and does not require any extravagant time for its completion and you can get a ninety days visa quite easily online or by visiting your nearest South Korea consulate.There are some documents that you need to provide and that’s all that there is to the main process.
- The following documents are required for getting a South Korea visa for Indians :
- Passport valid for at least six months,
- Passport sized pictures of the applicant,
- Fees payable-preferably in cash or via postal address, but not cheques.
- Bank statements, backing up your funds required for the tour.
One can also visit the official site for more information and visa application.
- The last step is to book your travel ticket through any mode of transportation you find comfortable.
Two major modes of transport that generally people use to go to Korea are by,
- aeroplane or,
Here are some tips for visiting South Korea : Prepare nicely in advance what all places you would love to visit or want to do.
Here’s some recommendations :
- Make a list of things you would like to do beforehand.
- Calculate the duration and the cost required.
- Map your route and select hotels where you will be staying in and book in advance so that you don’t have to face any problems regarding it.
- Look out for live events, concerts or fan meets of your fav idols, after all, you don’t want to miss a chance to see them live.
- Keep your valuables at home and learn some Korean words to help you during your travel period.
Here’s a list of useful phrases you should know before leaving for Korea:
Lastly, stay safe and enjoy your trip !!